Lofdal Christian School believes that learners should be taught how to live, and not simply how to make a living. Thousands of people in the world are merely living today, because they are in a situation they don’t like or did not choose to be in. They make a living by earning a big salary, living in a mansion and driving an expensive car, but they do not live. According to us, education is not only about academics, but also about teaching children morals and values, how to cope with difficulties, how to prepare them for the “big world” out there and how to live God-fearing and God-honoring lives.In such an environment children are equipped for life – they are able to make wise choices, realize their potential and purpose, and live fulfilling lives knowing that by the grace of God, any situation they undertake, will be successful.
1 Corinthians 13:13
‘But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God , hope unwaveringly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.’
VISION OF THE SCHOOL
“Train up a child in the way they should go, and when they are old they will not depart from it.”
Our Mission is to spiritually equip and develop the child through a Biblical based curriculum, sport participation, culture activities and to give the children a Godly character.
AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
- To prepare the child for a balanced and well-adapted adulthood.
- To maintain spiritual and ethical norms and standards so each child can grow to spiritual maturity in Christ.
- To use and protect that which God has given us.
- To ensure that all staff are Spirit-filled and born-again Christians.
- To keep peer pressure to the minimum so that the child can develop a Godly character.
- To proclaim Jesus Christ to all people through our words and deeds.
CHARACTERISTICS OF LOFDAL CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
- To lead each child to God.(John 3:3)Committed teaching and preparation of the child for a Godly adult life.(Psalm 119:105)
- To teach the children how to witness.(Matthew 28:19-20)
- To inspire the fear of the Lord; which is the beginning of all wisdom.(Proverbs 8:13)
- To support the child in living a holy and consecrated life.(2 Corinthians 6:17)
- To teach the child a life of praise and worship.(Psalm 95:6)
- To enstill the principles of stewardship and values.(1 Corinthians 15:31)
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
- Parents must be born again, confessing Christians and must be members of a church.
- The student must be personally convinced that Jesus Christ is Lord of his/her life (older students).
- Applicants need to exhibit a good character and a firm set of Godly values.
- The student must be able to follow and submit unto his/her teacher’s instruction.
- The student must have a loving nature towards fellow students and staff.
- A student must participate in all chapels and devotional activities.